Epsom Park Bowling Club began as an unincorporated membersí club on 12 February 1912 with an initial membership of 50 men, each of whom paid an annual membership fee of 2/6d (12.5p). The cost of a season ticket for the use of the green was a further 5/- (25p) but this was reduced to 2/6d if the member provided his own bowls. At that time two greens were available in Alexandra Park, and members also had the use of what was then said to be one of the finest greens in Surrey, in which members could hire the use of a locker for just 1/- (5p) a season.
In 1951 Epsom & Ewell Borough Council provided a new green, which was of such a high standard that in 1956 it was used for an inter-county match between Surrey and Hampshire. This green is still used by the Club but, due to cost pressures on the Local Authority, it can no longer be maintained to quite such a high standard.
A ladies section was begun in 1952, but the menís section was unfortunately forced to close on 30th September 1974, as too few members were prepared to act as officers and committee members. The Competition Trophies were sold off to members and the remaining menís club funds were distributed to various charities.
However, the ladies section continued to thrive and in 1984, thanks to the efforts of a dedicated group of enthusiasts, the menís section was reformed. In the 1990ís there were moves towards integration of the two sections by setting up a Joint Committee and arranging mixed matches. The first Joint AGM was held on 13th November 1993.
In 2008 the Club converted itself to a Company limited by guarantee and in 2011 it became a CASC (Commumity Amateur Sports Club), but the bowls carries on unaffected by the changes. Today, both sections bowl with members of all abilities, in both single-sex and mixed events.